eilonwy2017: (Got Nothin' Quote)
[personal profile] eilonwy2017
I teach until 1pm, so why am I just getting home at 9? Geez.

Actually, there's quite a rational reason. After class (which I think went fairly well), I went to A's house to check on her kitties (as she is in Jamaica.) I took a nap on her couch (mmm, nap) then ate lunch and graded 2/3rds of my class's papers. Then I drove to [livejournal.com profile] flurije's house, to check on her cat (she's still in TN) and grade the rest of the papers. In between I stopped at Jamba Juice for a yummy blackberry smoothie. Mmmm. Then on the way home I stopped at the post office to ship off yarn (both commercial and handspun, wheee.)

Now it is 9pm. I am making iced tea, and I plan to work on some art yarn I started spinning last night (is very much not my usual style!!) and then early to bed.

Early to bed tomorrow night, too, I hope, because I have a slim hope of getting up reeeeeally early and going to Winter at the Zoo. They're going to make it snow and give frozen treats to the animals! Hee! But it's only from 7am 'til noon, so, y'know, heh. Wish me luck.

Date: 2009-07-17 01:21 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] magenta-girl.livejournal.com
Do you still do much spinning? If you do would you at some point be interested in spinning some roving for me if I were to provide it? There is some nice stuff out there that I like but I don't spin.

Date: 2009-07-17 04:58 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eilonwy.livejournal.com
I haven't been spinning, but just took it up again and am remembering how much I love it. :D I'd be happy to spin roving for you!! (I do the same sort of thing for [livejournal.com profile] pyrite. She sends me roving, I spin it for the joy of spinning it, and send her the yarn.) What kind are you thinking? And what kind of yarn do you want from it? (what ply? what thickness, etc.)

Date: 2009-07-17 07:36 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] magenta-girl.livejournal.com
Generally I'm looking for a worsted weight or heavier, I guess. There is some roving they have on hyena cart, including a roving of the month club that looks interesting, and I tend to miss out on the yarns because everyone buys them, the roving not so much. If you are interested I will probably go ahead and do the roving of the month, since I only have until it sells out or July 22nd to decide. It's going to be 8 oz of fiber each month for 3 months, but the first one won't arrive until sometime in August and I won't be at all worried about however long it takes you to get it to me since I know you are busy, I'm busy, and I already have a ton of craft projects to be working on!

Date: 2009-07-17 11:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eilonwy.livejournal.com
Oooh, okay! This sounds like a fun joint-project! As long as I get to (eventually) see what you make with the yarn! :D

Date: 2009-07-17 11:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] magenta-girl.livejournal.com
Of course! It will most likely be stuff for Max, but I'll have to see what I get. :)

Date: 2009-07-17 11:54 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] magenta-girl.livejournal.com
I signed up! Here's a link to the shop in case you are interested in what she has to say about the fibers/what to expect. I'm super excited!
http://selahshop.com/shop/catalog.php?item=108

Date: 2009-07-18 12:06 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eilonwy.livejournal.com
Ooooh, lovely, lovely! I'm looking forward to it! Once you see what you get, we can talk more about various ways I can spin it for you. ::happy dance of spinning excitement:: Yay! :D

January 2021

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
101112 13141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 31st, 2026 04:36 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios